This best-selling tour covers most of the famous Vatican City, the Vatican Museums, The Sistine Chapel, the Vatacombs (underground tombs of former Popes) and St. Peter's Basilica. Book your tickets from home and secure your spot on this popular tour!
- Enjoy a 3-hour guided tour of Vatican City
- Explore the world-renowned Vatican museums
- Experience the beauty of The Sistine Chapel
- See the underground tombs of former Popes - the Vatacombs
- Admire St. Peter's Basilica
Experience the Highlights of Rome
On this tour, you'll see highlights from arguably the most important collection of art in the world, including The Rooms of Raphael, The Sistine Chapel, and The Belvedere Courtyard.
Your English-speaking guide will provide you with a comprehensive overview on all you will see, especially about The Sistine Chapel and the famous painter Michelangelo and make sure you get the most out of your time in Vatican City. Our guides on our Vatican tours are very popular and they get many positive appraisals from our guests.
After leaving The Sistine Chapel, you will be led through the underground level, called the Vatacombs, a rarely seen area of the Vatican where tombs of the former popes are located.
Next you'll head up into St Peter's Basilica, the largest basilica in the world built over what are believed to be the bones of St. Peter. Here you get to enjoy the magnificent view of the dome from the ground. (This tour does not include entrance to the dome. Tickets can be purchased on site).
The tour ends outside the magnificent Basilica where we will hear about the history of the Vatican State, The Swiss Guard, and how St Peter's Square was designed.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts by the When In Rome Tours' office. The address will be on your e-ticket. Please be there 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends outside St. Peter's Basilica.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts approx. 3 hours.
Is Necropolis a part of the tour?
No, this tour does not include Necropolis as only the Vatican administer tours to this area.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, there is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men. Sandals are considered appropriate.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 6-17. Children under age 6 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Cancellations can happen at very short notice. In this case, we will contact you and offer you alternative tour dates or get you a full refund.
- Due to security, we strongly recommend that you do not bring any large bags or packages.
- This tour is conducted as a walking tour, as no vehicles are allowed inside the Vatican, so please wear appropriate footwear.
- April to October at 8:45 AM, 11:00 AM and 13:00 PM.
- November to March at 11 AM.
- Closed Sundays and on other religious holidays!